My journey to understand business and evaluation of business - Part 1

I am at a place in my life where when I look back. I think I have got everything I did with money wrong.

I took too many leaves at my first job( Partially because my team lead was never here and always in US) and I had finished my work before hand while others where catching up. Then I chose to go places where I thought I was doing the best given my choices as things where contagious in personnel life. Sadly after this journey once I have reached there I realized may be I do not like it enough as I thought I would in a MNC work culture. The work we do is never to our 100 percent liking. I know I am good at what I did because it just put my 1/8th of the effort that I am capable of to match with others who had gone through hours of brainstorming to achieve what they have acheived.

But after living through this and having almost 7 years of work life. I had absolutely nothing to show for it. Including the penny balance in account which does not even meet up my monthly needs. Add to this since fathers retirement now I had to pay  the mortage EMI on house from now on for around 40k per month. Now I know could do it. But after another 7 years still I would not have anything in my name.

So I started going through the best of materials on earning money while in your 30s. All the content in youtube confused me so much and their suggestion mutual fund even though I tried to follow for almost so many years did not make me rich cause I knew those where medicore investment given the fees the fund manger charge, stamp duty etc would not give me any return more than 15 % before tax.

Funny thing to note here is every Indian if required could search and find who is the most successful fund managers in US, Europe and even China. But when it came to such a statistics I could not find the track record of each Individual fund managers in India. We can always use trendlyne etc for tracking the best investors but not the fund manager performance over their time period at the organization.So I made my mind that I am not going with any fund managers with my money.

So I have kept in mind to create a performance chart for famous fund mangers in India and track their performance if I get enough data to do it.

Since such a data is not available and Pabrai fund entering gates will be opened at only high expense of 50 lakh INR. I do not think it will be reasonable for me to hope I get into the fund even though I have asked for an opening in the same.At that time I would have sold my house to put my money in his fund. But now if I do such a thing it will be only to put in Berkshire hathway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My journey to understand business and evaluation of business - Part 2

The case where I lost half my worth due to detour from my ideal path of buffet-munger way.

Buck converter Basics Notes for Designing and Implementation - PART 2 Simulation